Dr Steve Lawrie – Orthopaedic Surgeon – Sunshine Coast
He is involved in the training of future orthopaedic surgeons. His practice focuses on sports injuries, joint replacement and reconstructive surgery, including all aspects of hip and knee surgery.
Dr Lawrie is passionate about rugby league, cricket and boating. He has a keen interest in research and he has developed a number of orthopaedic inventions.
He looks after the sporting injuries of many of the Sunshine Coast’s teams including the SunShine Coast Falcons and the Melbourne Storm.
Dr Lawrie was educated in Brisbane and received his medical degree from the University of Queensland in 1991. He completed his orthopaedic training in Queensland.
He then undertook fellowship training in Toronto and Halifax Canada in hip and knee reconstructive surgery.
He is a fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons and a fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association. He has a wide range in training and experience in all facets of bone and joint surgery.
Dr Lawrie is a member of the following associations:
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- A Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the Australian Medical Association
- Member of ISAKOS International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Member of the AO Alumni Association (AOAA)
- Chairman Orthopaedic Craft Group Sunshine Coast Private Hospital
- Preferred NRL Medical Officer
- Preferred Medical Officer for Melbourne Storm